Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Final Reflection


“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection”
-Thomas Paine

I teach 3 different grade levels, in Photoshop, CAD, and Computer Literacy. Assessment within my curriculum is extremely diverse and subjective. It is critical for me and my students to have effective and manageable assessments for all three grades and subjects.

When I initially set out to implement my “game plan”, I was enthusiastic and motivated to try new ideas, methods and technology. I was I bit taken back at the lack of enthusiasm by my colleagues. I went forward with the assumption that everyone was feeling the same way about implementing new practices and technology. Through my interactions with my fellow classmates at Walden, I have come to realize that not everyone will have the same zest for trying new things, especially at the end of the year, when most are tired and preoccupied wit exams and the end of the year routines. I certainly can understand this. September will be a better time to refocus and try again.

Come September, I will immediately incorporate Google groups into my lessons for student collaboration on assessing their own work as well as their peers. This will give the learners immediate feedback not only from me, but their peers as well. Also, digital story telling is a wonderful addition to my curriculum. I has never thought of using this technology for an assessment method, however through the past few weeks I have learned from my classmates that Digital story telling is a great way to asses student learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment