Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Work in Progress

Game Plan Progress

Last week I sent out an invitation for a Google group that focused on student assessment and technology.  The initial response was disheartening.  I was surprised to see that the majority of the teachers involved with technology did not respond.  I then sent out an email reminder to get involved with the group.  I picked up a few more members with this.  Overall, it is not the response I expected, however I think we will pick up more people as our group develops.  Administration has been extremely supportive with this project.  They have reviewed my plan and are excited to see it in action.  I have contacted my district technology supervisor.  He is willing to work with me on a website project for parent communications.

The biggest thing I have learned from this project is that not all teachers are as motivated and or concerned with improving their profession.  I expected more than 8 teachers out of 120 to respond to the Google group.  (this is just my school)  I think I might branch out into the High School and Elementary Schools if we feel we need more input.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting more teachers involved?

1 comment:

  1. Thomas,

    I too am disappointed in the response that you received from your colleagues. Do you think it was because they do not understand what you are trying to acheive through this process? My concern is that, like so many of us, it is the end of the year and many teachers simply do not want to take on another responsibility at this busy point. Did you consider to open your group to classmates here at Walden? Granted the rest of us may not be able to address specific issues that you face in your school, we might be able to give you some unique perspectives from the outside. If you need more participants, let me know. I would be glad to help!

    -Nick Zomer

    ReplyDelete